Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Callback and Other Such Things

Hi everyone!

I'm back in my hometown now after a very long weekend of performing, auditioning, and, you guessed it, callback-ing (yes, I know that's not a real word.)  I'm still quite tired from the whole ordeal, but it was all worth it.  I'm super glad I got the chance to perform in New York City and do all that I did.  Plus, getting to say that I've done an Off-Broadway show now is pretty incredible.  :)

As promised, here's my update on how my callback went.  Ahem...

All in all, it was a decent callback.  All I had to do was read a short scene from the show for the directors.  Quick, easy, and (mostly) painless.  I felt good about it afterwards, but I still haven't heard back from them yet.  Normally I wouldn't be too nervous...except for the fact that this callback was pretty small and they immediately let us know about coming back in after the first audition.  Chances are that I didn't book it, but you never know.  I once had a teacher tell me to give two weeks before you cut your loses.  Guess we'll see if I end up hearing anything before August 14th.

Regardless of whether or not I book this job, though, I'm proud of myself for making it as far as I did.  I'm also proud of myself for staying strong and being positive, which as you readers know are usually difficult things for me to do.  I definitely feel like I've made some sort of progress these past few days with my audition experience.  That's what counts after all right?  Right!

As for right now, I'm planning on taking a bit of a break from auditioning in order to relax and recuperate.  I'll still be applying for jobs and such, but I want to enjoy the last month of summer as much as I can.  Vacations are about having fun, after all!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment