Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What's Going On

Hi everyone!

Well, it happened.  Four days ago, it happened.  That's right folks.  I can now say that I'm officially a COLLEGE GRADUATE!!!!!!  AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!   :D

The ceremony was great.  Most of my family was able to come and support me, and those who weren't in attendance sent their support via social media.  I think it's safe to say, though, that they were definitely there in spirit.  :)  I still can't get over the fact that I'm done with college.  I know it's cliche to say, but I never thought that in just four years, I would have a Bachelors degree in Vocal Performance from one of the arguably best music schools in the United States.  Even typing that sentence made me feel a little strange.

Right now, I'm feeling a mix of emotions.  Of course I feel grateful for all the I've spent at school.  I've met some really amazing people over the past four years and I've learned so much about myself as a performer and as a musician.  I'm also sad that my college life is over, and, not so surprisingly, I'm also really scared by this fact.  I still don't have a job yet...at least, not a performing one.

For the time being, I'm working a job in my hometown and living with my parents.  I'm also still auditioning, which brings me to the next thing I want to address.  As of right now, I have two auditions lined up in June.  One will be in New York City again, (yay!) while the other will be in Maryland.  I'm not sure if I'm what they're looking for, especially with the NYC one, but I guess we'll see.  As always, there will be a post about both those auditions when the time comes.  In the meantime, though, there's something else that I'd like to talk about with all you readers as well.  That something would be...the voice competition I'm doing this coming Sunday!  Yay!!!

With all that's been going on the past few days, I hope you can understand as to why I didn't mention this competition sooner.  But hey, better late than never, right?  Anywho, this voice competition is going to be in the city (yay New York!) and is primarily for opera singers.  It's also going to be held outdoors, which is really cool.  I've never sung opera in an outdoor setting (apart from a few random high notes here and there) so I'm excited to see what that feels like.  I also plan on doing a post about that audition when it comes, so be on the lookout for that.

So yeah.  That's what happening right now.  I think it's safe to say that even though my life isn't where I want it to be right now, it's far from bad.  I have hope that things will work out job wise soon...at least, I'm trying really hard to have faith.  And you know what?  I'm hopeful that the faith I'm working on having will get here in time...just like a job offer.  :P  Well, that's it for this post.  Until next time readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment