Saturday, May 14, 2016

Auditions #2-4

Hello everyone!

Sorry that this is a little late in coming.  Life has been a bit crazy these past few days, what with traveling, studying for finals, and getting ready to GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE in a few weeks (!)  As promised, though, here's my post about the two auditions I mentioned in my last post, as well as one I had about a week ago.

I want to start by telling you about the second audition I had, because out of the three I'm going to talk about, it's the one I consider to be the weakest.  It started out like any normal audition.  I got to the building, signed in, and started warming up to dance.  I'll admit, there were several factors about this audition that made me feel nervous.  The first is that I don't think I've ever been a room with so many people the same size as me.  Normally when I go in for auditions, I'm one of if not the shortest girls in the room.  I never thought of that as advantage...until now, that is.

At auditions, you're always trying to stand out and get noticed.  And as much as I hate to admit it, being the shortest girl in the room does kind of make me stand out in a bunch of "normal sized" hopefuls.  This time, however, everyone was of pretty equal height.  Self doubt kicked in pretty fast, and unfortunately, I don't think it completely went away.  We were all asked to dance first, and without saying too much, I didn't feel the best about it.  Not because I felt like I royally screwed up or anything, but...yeah.  It just wasn't my best.

After that happened, some of the people in my group were asked to stay to sing.  I was not one of them.  When something like that happens, it means that you didn't get offered the job.  Kind of a "thanks but no thanks" situation. :(  But, this brings me to my next audition, the one I had done earlier that day.  This audition went much better.  In fact, I wrote in my audition book that this was one of the best auditions I had done in a while.  I got to sing first, which always puts me in a good place.  Why?  Because if there's one thing I know I can impress someone with, it's my singing voice.  (Not to toot my own horn.)  I read two monologues after that, and I was proud that I didn't forget any of the words or screw up horribly.  The people behind the table were also really nice, which also helped a lot.  Unfortunately, I wasn't offered a callback, which also means that I wasn't hired.  Strike two.

The third and final audition I did also went really well.  This one was all singing, which, to be honest, I felt the most comfortable with.  I guess that makes sense, though, considering I've only been studying voice for the past four years.  :P  I also was asked to sing one of my favorite songs at this audition, and got a lot of positive feedback from the people behind the table too.  ...That's why it sucks that I didn't get offered a job.  This rejection out of all them hurt the most, especially since it means that I have to go back home now for the summer.  I wish I could say that I was more optimistic about this, but then I'd be lying.  Oh well.

So, that's that.  Three strikes.  I'm not exactly happy about this, but I guess now I have a whole summer to audition for things.  That's good, right?  Guess we'll see.

Until next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment