Thursday, June 16, 2016

The Liebster Award

Hello everyone!

Today, I'm diverging a bit from my usual audition related posts because I have some exciting news!  When I went to check my email a few hours ago, I found out that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award by blogger Katrina Rose!  For those of you that may be unfamiliar with what exactly this is, here's what the award's official website has to say:

"The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome."


I'm super excited to have been nominated!  In order to completely accept my nomination, there are a few things I have to do.  The rules are as followed:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.

2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a 
“widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award.


3. For the 2016 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.

4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)

5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)

7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:

8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

In this post, I'll be fulfilling the requirements of the rules.  Keep in mind that this will be a fairly long post, so if you don't have a lot of free time on your hands...yeah.  You've been warned.  So, without further adieu, let's get started!  The first requirement is to properly thank the blogger than nominated me.  So, thank you Katrina Rose!  If you're interested in reading her blog, Just Me and Random Stuff, the link is included below:

http://justmeandrandomstuff.blogspot.com

In Katarina's post, she also left ten questions for her nominees to answer.  Here they are, along with my answers:

1. Do you prefer coffee, tea, or neither?
Tea!  I don't like coffee at all.  And, since I'm a singer, liking tea is pretty much a requirement.  :P

2. What's the last thing you copied and pasted?
Links to the blogs I'm nominating for this award, which are included towards the end of this post.

3. What drives you absolutely crazy?
People who are jerks.  Plain and simple.

4. What's your favorite time of day?
I'd have to say early evening, when the sun is setting but it's still light outside.  Everything looks so pretty then.

5. What's your favorite cereal?
Smart Start!  (I know, I'm boring.)  It tastes good and helps me feel awake in the morning.

6. Have you ever played volleyball before?  If so, do you like to play?

Yes I have, and yes I do!  I actually wanted to play volleyball when I was in middle school, but it didn't work out with my dance schedule.  Oh well.

7. What's your favorite card game?
Solitaire.  Call me an introvert (which is fine, because I kind of am) but I like that it's a card game meant to be played by just one person.  I like not having the distractions of others and just being alone with my thoughts when I play it.

8. What was the last awkward situation you were in?  How did you deal with it?
Oh boy... the one that comes to mind was when someone asked me what I was doing for the summer...right after I had gotten a huge audition rejection.  Since the person had asked me only a few hours I had found out, I broke down.  In tears.  And sobs.  Not my finest moment, but such is.  The person was completely understanding and I've since moved on.  Live and learn, as they say.

9. What weather is your favorite?  Your least favorite?
Sunny, slightly cold weather.  The kind of weather you would expect in early spring where you can get away with wearing a light jacket and possibly a sun dress.  Since I'm one of those weird people that prefers winter to summer, my least favorite weather is hot, humid weather.  It makes me feel drowsy and sweaty, which are two feelings I could definitely do without.
10. Do you like video games?  If so, which ones?
Yes I do!  I like a lot of classical video games, like Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Frogger.  I also like games like The Sims (if that counts), Animal Crossing, and some of the games in the Harvest Moon series.

11. Can you swim?  If so, do you enjoy it?
Yes I can, and yes I do!

(Thanks for the questions Katarina!)

The second requirement of accepting my nomination is to display what the award looks like on my blog.  Here it is!



Now it's time to mention a favorite blog that is not my own.  The one that comes to mind is my friend, Rachel Weinfeld's blog entitled "flailing fearlesslY."  I met Rachel last year during a summer voice program in Salzburg, Austria, and discovered her blog around that time.  What I like about this blog is how honest it is.  Rachel's not afraid to talk about things that are important to her, and writes in a way that's relatable, heartfelt, and humorous.  I love reading all her posts, and would highly recommend this blog to anyone in their twenties if they're looking for something new and fun to read.  Follow the link below if you're curious:
http://flailingfearlessly.weebly.com

Next, ten random facts about myself.  Let's see...

1. I can name every birthstone to its corresponding month.
2. I've been a vegetarian for eight years.
3. When I was nineteen years old, I self-published a book of my poetry.  The book is called "A Little Something Extra" and is available for purchase on Amazon and CreateSpace.  (Hint hint...)
4. I've never broken a bone.
5. If I had to chose another career outside of the performing world, I would be a writer.  (I'm not exactly sure what kind, however.)
6. Since I love to read, I keep track of how many books I read every year.  My total for 2015 was eighteen.  I intend to break that record this year!
7. I love doing yoga and Pilates.
8. I try to watch "Jeopardy!' every night it's on.
9. I love burning incense sticks, especially the kinds that smell like sage, lavender, and strawberries.
10. I would love to own a pet pig one day.

That was fun.  :)  Now for my nominations.  Here are some blogs I think deserve this award:

BLOG - Clarissa May

http://www.clarissamayofficial.com/blog/

On My Way Actress Blog
http://tiffanybrownetavarez.blogspot.com


Cranky Actress Blog
https://crankyactress.com

Constant Audition
http://constantaudition.blogspot.com

Acting like Sarah.
http://www.actinglikesarah.com

I'll be sending a message to all of these writers to let them know I've nominated them.  Before I finish this post off, however, here are ten questions I'd like my nominees to answer in their respective posts:

1. Do you prefer summer or winter, and why?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. If you had to live in another country for a year, what country would you pick and why?
4. Dogs or cats?
5. Would you rather order French fries or onion rings?
6. Can you speak any other languages other than English?  If so, which ones?
7. If you could change anything about the way the world currently is, what would you change and why?
8. What is the weirdest kind of food you've ever eaten?
9. What is the coolest gift you've ever received?
10. If you could meet someone who is deceased, who would you pick and why?

And that's it!  Thanks again to Katarina for nominating me.  Until next post!




No comments:

Post a Comment