Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Big News!

Hi everyone!

Well, it's been a few hours since my last post.  I figured that now is the best time to tell you my exciting news...

I BOOKED A JOB!!!!!

I found out on September 12th.  I was city in Central Park after I had finished Audition #14 when my phone started to ring.  I saw that the number had the same area code as the number that called me about my callback.  I answered it, and I was offered a job.  I immediately called my parents, my brother, and other family members to let them know the good news, then proceeded to sprint to W 54th street to make it in time to sign my contract.  All I can say now is this:

OH MY GOD!!!  I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!!!  I'M OFFICIALLY A WORKING ACTOR NOW AND I GET TO DO WHAT I'VE BEEN DREAMING ABOUT FOR SO LONG!!!  AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!  :D

And, since I already signed my contract and did a Facebook post about it, I get to share what the job is.  I'm going to be working with ArtsPower National Touring Theatre in the role of Dog in the musical "Dog Loves Books."  I'm starting in October and working until December, doing rehearsals in Manhattan before I travel with the company all over the United States.All over the United States.  In short, this job is pretty incredible!

Since I'll be busy with rehearsals for this show, I'm not going to blog about the experience.  After all, the original plan for this blog was to write until I booked a job, and that's finally happened.  But, I do plan on doing an entry after the tour is over about my overall audition experience and about writing these blog posts.  That will be up sometime in early December, so be sure to look for it.

With that said, thank you to everyone that's been reading my blog so far.  It means a lot to me, and I'm glad I got to share this part of my life with you.  This isn't goodbye, just a hiatus.  :)

See you again in December!




No comments:

Post a Comment